Sunday, September 18, 2005

Uncanoonuc Mountain (1,324 ft) NH

Today, Jodie, Erika, and I hiked up North Uncanoonuc Mountain. The Uncanoonucs are just outside of Manchester. It was a short hike; it only took us about an hour to hike up and down. Erika brought her dog, Papst. I had never hiked with a dog before, but it was fun. Papst is very well behaved. The trail was wide the whole way up. We even passed a couple ATVs going up when we were on our way down. It took us awhile to find the trailhead. We found Mountain Rd in Goffstown easily, but drove by the trailhead the first time. There is a good sized dirt pull off on the east side of the road near the trail. There is no trail sign or anything. I might go there again in the near future and run up and down. I think that would be a good workout. My running has hit a bit of a snag the last few weeks. It's been tough being away for LDC and then having classes at WPI start up again. I have decided to rearrange my running schedule to run M, W, F, Sat, Sun rather than the M, T, W, R, F, Sat schedule I had been doing. It's too hard to get up early on Tues. and Thursdays now that I get home from class late and it's so dark out. I ran a nice 9 miler today. Down along the abandoned railroad bed near Lake Massabesic.

No comments: